View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

It's more the energy and pain than the time. And I try to do as much of the typing as possible left handed, but I'm not coordinated enough to do linking with my left. Etc. Perhaps you should start concentrating on documenting your disability for either the remand or the new application? There's lots of work you could be doing to keep your mind from spinning over things that are beyond your control.

I was thinking if you put together a very solid new application, perhaps you could get approved within 6 months. 1/3 of cases do. Remember this is hypothetical--I don't know your illness or it's severity or your functional limitations. If you can get approved before an ALJ, then you should be able to get approved with a new application as well.

There are certainly other forums that are busier than this one is at the moment. You might try to get additional feedback. You could also research older thread here and send pm's to those that have given advise that has impressed you.

Do you have a copy of the NOLO book on SSDI? Look at all the stickies on this forum. Do you have a Listed Impairment/s?

If you can wait things out financially, and if you can collect UI, then waiting for a remand is probably worth the gamble.

There is no easy answer. Do I think the ALJ has a reversible error when I look at similar rulings? Yes. But, her treatment of your PT work also seems consistent with both other ALJs and has been used to terminate others benefits as well.

I'm not sure it'll give you more concrete answers anyway. It'll just show you that it could go either way. Maybe I'll try to post part of the work I've already done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppy66 View Post
LIT Love, thanks for taking your time (again) to try to help me I would love to hear all that you have to say but totally understand if you don't have the time or energy... so whenever or if ever you can, I am receptive to all opinions. I too would give up the back pay to ensure a quicker hearing but I am getting the distinct impression from my lawyer that the remand will most likely get me back to a hearing quicker, although I do often question that. If I were to start a new claim and this time not be working at all, at least I know it will be roughly 2 years before I get to a hearing. It is the not knowing that is killing me. And even worse, it could potentially be 2 years for the Appeal Council to deny me and then starting over at that point Talk about feeling cornered.

Also, she already sent in the appeal with the briefly so does that mean I'm totally committed. I suppose there must be a way to retract the appeal. I have spent the last month playing a mental game of "what if's". My work situation & environment is different than lets say if I were working in an office setting, and there are many variables to the situation so I am reluctant to just walk away. I feel like I'm playing a game of Russian Roulette
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote