View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 09:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 343v343 View Post
It doesn't - it takes about 45 seconds to a minute of really cranking it back and behind my head to get any tingling / numbness. Hyperabucted positions.

Just had the vascular guy order an MRA/MRV waiting for a date. The ultrasound I did today really showed little of value, as was previously told to me beforehand.

I wonder if the MRA/MRV will show any stenosis or compression and to what level? I would assume if they tell me "Yes there is compression..." that doesn't automatically I should rush into a surgery that yields 50/50 results. Hmm. Confused now.
"Confused" seems to be the theme of this disease. I'll tell you, though, once the ball started rolling in my case, it went FAST. Surgeon saw the years if notes from all doc, then the MRA, and was on it like wildfire. Once i said yes to surgery, which they were really saying wasnt "optional, surgical coordinator was on the phone w me and said it takes about five days to get pre-auth. She called me back in five minutes and said ins co approved it on the spot and doc was fitting me in as soon as I could get there.

My point being, maybe after some more imaging, they'll know something for certain and guide you appropriately. I went from "TOS, and especially ATOS, is SO rare that you can't possibly have it," to "You've got ATOS definitively and need surgery ASAP." it's definitely worth a shot. Good luck to you -- let us know the results.
BigMama6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote