View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 11:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default testing ability to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
puppy,don't know if you read a thread i posted here a few weeks ago or not but i will explain it again for you to help you out...i have been collecting ssdi benefits for some mental health issues and back problems since 1996.about 2 years ago i took a part-time job working for a friend of mine who owns a catering company close by to where i live..i was working about 20 hours a week part-time earning roughly about $700.00 per month which is below the SGA guidlines of what you can earn and still keep your benefits which for (2011) is $1000.00 a month i think.anyway,about 9 month's into my job my disibility case was reviewed by social security.(i think me working might have triggered the review)...i filled out the forms that they sent me in the mail and i was sent to one of their doctors as part of the (cdr) continueing disibility reveiw.about 3 weeks afterwards i recieved a letter in the mail from social security giveing me their decision about my cdr review.the letter said...we have reviewed your disibility case and find that you are no longer disabled under our rules and your ssdi benefits are being terminated.the letter went on to say that since i was able to hold a job for the better part of 9 month's while receiving ssdi benefits that's my health has improved to the point where i can be self-suportive and can no longer be considered disabled under social security rules.as i mentioned in a previous post about this subject i mentioned that while social security says that you can work up to a certain amount and still recieve benefits they can and will use any work you do against you..if they see that you can hold a job for several month's and beyond they will say that your condition can't be that severe and they will stop benefits..iam appealing my case so hopefully i can get the benefits back.hope this helps you out...gilbert....
just wanted to add a few comments to my previous post above...testing one's ability to work while collecting ssdi benefits such as maybe working for a few weeks or a month will not trigger a cdr review because social security expects you to try to see if you can work..it's when you start working for several month's and beyond that will trigger a review and question if your condition is still "severe" enough to be considered disabled under social security rules.
gilbert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote