View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 04:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

LIT Love what you said is actually something I was just telling my sister yesterday. What I will do is pretend I'm starting a new application and make sure every little detail is the best it can possibly be. My lawyer put in the appeal, in several places, that I would qualify as fully disabled under step 3 and again at step 5. I know the neuro doctor whom I have seen filled out the RFC and my lawyer said it was 100% supportive of my claim. If I remember correctly, he said I would need to work no longer than 2 hour shifts, with breaks every 15 or so minutes (not sure exactly on that one), and that I would be expected to miss at least 6 days of work per month. I will have to look that up... but before my hearing, my lawyer said we have his total support. I have had 5 back surgeries, 2 lumbar fusions, and also suffer from major depression, GAD, and OCD. I have motor impairment and weakness, left footdrop, numbness, and positive straight leg raise on testing... Those are all things the SSDI doctor at the hearing stated when the judge asked for his input. I did not have a vocational expert at my hearing. My judge did not ask me one question about my physical or mental health. She asked me 3 times about when my long term employer (whom I no longer work for) started to accommodate my work by letting me work from home. I told her that I was not sure of the exact date but she just kept asking (which my lawyer said baffled her as well). I feel like I waited for 2 years for that day and I blew it because I seriously lost control of my emotions. everytime I tried to talk the tears would come and by the time I gained composure, it was on to the next question. I am not usually like that and do not know where all the emotions came from; probably had something to do with the fact that I was extremely uncomfortable after waiting nearly 3 hours in a waiting room. Needless to say, I was very mad at myself. I got in the car afterwards and my head was spinning, thinking what the heck was that all about, the craziest experience of my life and not at all what I expected. I really don't think I was at all prepared, as everyone kept tell me "you will be approved" and I guess I kind of was looking at the hearing like just a formality, another step.... oh, how I was wrong. My lawyer told me after the hearing... "I think you have a very good chance, a very strong case, and it is not everyday that the judge sees a woman your age with so many surgeries, etc... She also noted that the judge "was definitely not herself during my hearing"... perhaps because my hearing was scheduled for 10 a.m. and it did not start until nearly 1 p.m. due to the case prior having many issues with the woman having the need to keep taking breaks. I feel like I got the brunt of the judge's stress that day.

I hate to keep asking you all for help but if you could give me information on what steps I should start to take in order to make a really strong application if I start over that would be so helpful and so appreciated. I am thankful I found this site and have found people who actually seem to care and know what they are talking about.

I do not have the book you are talking about but have seen it on-line. Is it worth my money to invest in it? or any other books? Like I said, the lawyer with a lot of info on his site, Gordon Gates I believe, is just around the corner from me. I wonder if he would give me a 2nd opinion.

You mentioned some other groups where there is more activity regarding the SSDI issues.. could you tell me what they are. I had joined another group a year or two ago but that site does not seem to have nearly the input that I have been receiving here.
puppy66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote