View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 06:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Has there been a decline in your performance?

It's not a good idea to simply try and hide your disability and hope it'll be ignored until you're forced to deal with it.

Is the RSD in your dominant hand?

What about using Voice Activated Software? That would seem like an appropriate accommodation. You do need to be careful to not damage your "good" hand by overuse, btw!

What caused the RSD initially? Was it a Work Injury?

CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI are the five states that offer state disability insurance. Your company might carry private temp disability insurance as part of your benefits as well.

If your doc reduces you to PT work, you can possibly collect Unemployment Insurance to makeup the difference in your lost wages.

The final option in applying for SSDI...
Sorry, I just saw your first question. No, there hasn't been any decline in my work. The only issue is being able to walk and drive. I already told them I'm driving with my left foot...was that bad? I can get a ride to work and home if I need to, but I like having some independence and being able to get myself back and forth. I don't think I'll get SSDI because there's really no reason I can't do my job. I just have a hard time getting around. They said they don't want me to come back until I'm better. I said that isn't going to happen and asked what was better enough for them. They said, "when you can walk through that door (ha!) and concentrate on your job (they already know it's hard for me to concentrate sometimes, due to the pain because I mentioned it in a moment of weakness)."
Al Ke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote