View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 07:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Al Ke,
I am sooo very sorry you are being put to the test in work. Everyone has given you real good ideas. See what your dr says and take it from there. Beware that once employers find out you are ill it send them flags of warnings. Think of what you say first before saying anything to them or to any of your coworkers as they may be going back and telling the bosses what you said to them.

I am concerning with them telling you "... they don't want me to come back until I'm better. I said that isn't going to happen and asked what was better enough for them. They said, "when you can walk through that door (ha!) and concentrate on your job (they already know it's hard for me to concentrate sometimes, due to the pain because I mentioned it in a moment of weakness)." That is not a very nice thing to say to someone in pain...would they be saying that to someone just diagnosed with cancer??? I think not. You may want to look into a small scooter just to get you from your car into your desk. This way you will not be putting to much pressure on your bad foot. In the office the best thing that I found (and I find them anywhere I go)---don't laugh---are trashcans. The ones in work are the best as they are level to your outstretched knee and are the perfect height. I use them everywhere esp when I have to sit up and my feet are in so much pain. Do anything you can to get you through the day. And remember if they let you go and they fire you well then they have to pay you unemployment. If you leave first then they don't have to pay it to you. Just a thought. I know it is a togh situation as I went through it over six years ago and I was devastated. I was a single mom and could not work at 41 with no one to support us. Alot of prayer and humor will get you through anything. Best of luck to you and keep us informed.
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote