View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 01:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello every one (colloid cyst)

hi people my name is ashley i am a young 20 year old female who recently underwent removal of a colloid cyst from the third ventricle of my brain, i had emergency surgery after having a syncapol episode and crashed on the highway @ 230 am on my break (i work night ****) i was on my break getting coffe, scariest thing i have ever experienced let me add that my surgery was sept 25 and i am already back at work have been for a month i had a good recovery and even though i am young i am a mom of 2 kids so this surgery took a big toll on my life i see lot of people on here and if i can help at all with any questions the experince how recovery was please dont hesitate!! i had a rough first month of recovery, drs though i was going to have perminet brain damage i could not walk talk had complete left side neglect and was scared, i lost 18 pounds in a week it was bad but with all this going on i could still see and hear every thing going on around me i was stuck in my own body it was beyond scary and then my kids came and just me not being able to hold them i believe was my motivation and god of course so i am thankfull to be here today and at the time me not having hair was soooo depressing i know alot of young girls would relate to feeling ugly gaining weight and loosin hair is horrible but loosing your life is worse, rough times are hard to get through i had hydrocephalus and was really sick but i had an amazing recovery and i believe if i have undergo surgery again i will be ok god is watching over any on who believes in him and has great strength to give any one so i had to say anything to any one appreciate life & me being 20 full time mom & worker & student things will get better if not sooner, later!! any questions ask but be strong people!!
ashleyrod is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote