View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Have you discussed work with you doc in the past 2 years or not? Answer honestly. If you haven't state, you haven't. You are working, so you might get the longer form, but you might not.

If you wouldn't mind answering it would truly be appreciated:When was the last time you had a CDR? Was it just the short form? How many hours/how much do you make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C324 View Post
The short form (SSA-455-OCR-SM) is the “easy” one. It is only two pages long and is read by computer (OCR stands for Optical Character Reader). It is sent primarily to beneficiaries who have a low probability of medical improvement. The short form assumes that the individual will be found still disabled unless SSA is given reason to question that. A human only looks at the short form if the computer kicks it out for one reason or another. If it isn’t sent to a human for further review, then the benefits continue uninterrupted.

Assuming an individual is still disabled and that their condition has not measurably improved, there are some things an individual can do to see that the computer accepts the form without sending it for further review:

Fill out the form exactly as instructed. Use a box for each letter or number. If the boxes run out, stop, even if it’s mid-word.
• No new information. The goal of this form is to simply confirm the information they already have, so an individual does not want to include any changes, not even administrative changes such as an address change on this form. New information will cause the form to be kicked out for human review.
• Use original diagnosis. Under “Reason for Last Visit,” use the same diagnosis for which the individual was originally approved."
Question on this issue:

I have had MS since 1985. go to my neurolgist regularly. But have been sick so long I am not sure what to answer for question #3 on the short form regarding talking to dr @ work. I do work a part time job & I have done this for years as well. Since I do work less than part time, should I answer "yes, my Dr. says I can work or I did not discusss with dr. in the last 2 years?

Any thoughts on this issue as I would really appreciate your input.

Thank you Connie[/QUOTE]
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote