View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 08:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My doc wanted to try the Sinemet first to see if my dystonia was "dopa-responsive", some dystonias are and can be managed with medication alone.
I really don't know how the doctor classified mine as 'multifocal' and not 'generalized' because I have twitching in a lot of different places but it did start with my left big toe and left thumb. Then a few times with torticollis. Then progressed to my right bicep and forefinger, face and eye jerking.

The Sinemet seems to be working for my original symptoms, but I'm developing new symptoms now, so I don't know if I need to give the meds more time or if new twitches/spasms are side effects from the medication. I got the approval for the Botox, but the symptoms come and go and affect different muscles so I think it will only help with my neck, because that is the only constant. I had a few episodes of torticollis (turning to the side) but lately, my neck has been pulling backwards, so that I'm looking up at the ceiling.

It's so frustrating and my husband just doesn't understand how frustrating it is not to be in control of your body. I'm super stressed and it's making it worse. The doctor also talked about prescribing some thing like klonipin for the anxiety and I balked at that, but I think I'm going to call her and ask for it now. I hate being on any kind of meds but I can't deal with the stress of this. I'm only 30 and have a 2 year old, so I hope we can come up with plan quickly.
njmama09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote