View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Very overwhelmed!!

I am researching ssdi and am completely confused, overwhelmed, and a little scared! I would be applying for mental disorder and it seems that there are a lot of gray areas for me. Is there someone who may offer advice on some of the following problems that I believe may arise??

• I have been unable to maintain full time hours for more then six months at a time
• I am 21 years old
• I am working four hours a day and would see it as a huge step backward should I have to leave this job that I have finally found where I am able to simply "show up"
• I have been clinically diagnosed with this condition since 2003, since that time I have been prescribed MANY medications with varying side effects that I was unable to handle. I found a regimen of four different high dose medications that I was able to handle, but six months ago I refused to take them anymore. I am stable but unable to function like a "normal" person, though as I stated above I have never been able to work/go to school full time for any long periods since 2003.
• I have had many doctors, been hospitalized (not overnight or inpatient) been a part of out patient intensive care programs, and countless other healthcare related situations that it would be near to impossible to remember specific dates and names and places
There may be more questions but these are the most troubling for me. I will most likely seek a lawyer but I would like to get some advice beforehand so I have an idea of what to expect. Any help or opinion would greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!
Jess42790 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote