View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 05:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ummmmmmmm, yeah. I have been gf for almost 6 years. Nothing happens overnight. It takes a long time for nerves to heal, if they heal. Many people who go gf do notice a great improvement in their neuropathy. I started with carpal tunnel over 9 years ago, whick progressed to my toes. When I was working a job where I was on my feet the entire shift, my feet burned. For over 2 years now, I have been taking B12. First I was taking 1200mcg daily, now I take 2400mcg daily. My feet rarely burn anymore, nor do they go numb--they generally ache now, one often feels like its all broken bones and I have a vibration similiar to a cellphone on vibrate.

I also want to remind you--going gluten free is not just for your nerves. Did you have any other health issues before going gf? 3 months is not a long enough time to judge. If your doctor thinks gluten intolerance may be the cause of your neuropathy, then you probably are deficience in other vitamins too. Gluten is a nasty thing, it effects so much of your body. Please do not give up after only 3 months. Visit the gluten forums too.
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote