View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've also heard that shingles is very painful...but I've never had it so I can't tell you if it feels anything like RSD pain or not. Take the treatment for shingles and keep an eye on everything. So much better if it IS shingles vs spread of RSD (though I could be wrong because again...never had it so can't compare). Even if you have shingles that doesn't necessarily rule out RSD spread so just keep an eye on it. Did the doc say how long it would take for the shingles to go away once you start treatment?

My opinion of doctors has taken a nose dive the past year and only the doc I am currently seeing has restored my faith in the idea that at least SOME doctors know what they are doing. I saw one before I had a block done in January, told him I thought I had a MRSA infection. He looked at it and told me it was an ingrown hair. I insisted that he take a culture but he wouldn't start me on antibiotics. When I went in for the block I told the doc that I thought I had a MRSA infection but since I wasn't on any antibiotics they just assumed I was overreacting. That afternoon...get a call from the first doc and guess what? It was a MRSA infection...idiot! I was so angry.

But if we go around thinking every doctor is an idiot that can lead to problems too. They do, after all, have the medical training. Shingles seems like something a doctor should be able to diagnose. So I hope that is all that it is and that you recover from it quickly. But if the treatment doesn't seem to help, see the doctor again immediately. For those that get relief from blocks it is best not to wait too long to get them or they may not work.

Good luck!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote