View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default For those of you that have/had neuro symptoms with your gluten

I am newly diagnosed gluten intolerant/possible celiac.. with dramatic weight loss/GI issues that preceeded me going to a GI dr for help..Anyow, the week i went gluten free, and my intestinal symptoms seemed to start improving, i started getting crazy neuro symptoms..

my right knee felt weak, then a week later my forearms started aching really badly, then a day or so later I got weakness in the tips of all fingers and the base of my thumbs (which has not gone away and that was 6 or so weeks ago). i was waking up all night long with "dead leg and arms"sensation like they were asleep and that hasn't resolved either..
now that asleep/tingly feeling is in my shoulders and now even my tongue is wierd, a little slurred speech and swallowing feels odd.. Anyone have this??

I have had EMG, MRI head neck and blood work.. my EMG showed peripheral neuropathy (motor and sensory), MRI's were normal, bloodwork normal except a high B12 (in the 1000), high B6 (double upper limit of norm- was on supplements), and positive ANA (1:80)

I am a 31 yo female... I know the medical community doesnt seem to really think there is a relation between gluten/celiac and neuro issues, but it seems like from looking online that a lot of people do have a connection.. so curious what yall think! (oh yea I cut out dairy and caisen too- i was twitchy all over my body,and had wierd drunk like ataxia feeling after eating caisen for a few days and realized it so no more of that)!
thanks in advance!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote