View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What were your lyme symptoms?

I am currently a mystery diagnosis, but getting worked up for many things including lyme.. I was curious for those of you that have had a confirmed diagnosis (or treatment with nonconfirmed diagnosis, but got better with the lyme treatments) what yalls symptoms were.
I have GI issues, muscle twitching, peripheral neuropathy (EMG showed sensory and motor nerves of a 90 year old as per the neurologist - and i'm 31). slurred speech at times, numbness tingling "dead leg and arm " sensation that i feel in the day uncomfortably and wakes me up ALL NIGHT, swallowing feels odd, and weakness muscles and joints.. I have back and neck pain that is new for me that is pretty intense, and joints ache which is also new
i Have had many tick bites (last one probably 2 years ago) lived in the northeast and hiked there for several years (about 7 years ago now). I also had a blood tranfusion for a procedure complication before these symptoms started (could i have gotten lyme from that?) My dr's ordered western blot and should have results this week.. i'm nervous its goign to be negative, which will mean we still have no explanation.. but i was curious if these symptoms sound typical of lyme.. if i need to dig deeper with other testing if the western blot comes back negative.. thanks for any help!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote