View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 11:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was diagnosed with Fibro 5 years ago. I have had an essential tremor since I can remember. It is getting worse. I finally found a medication that takes away the Fibro pain, which is Fexmid (not the generic) It is expensive but worth it. My insurance won't pay for it because they say a generic is available flexerall, which doesn't touch the pain. I also take Zoloft and and first xanax then adavan but have quit both of them because the "fog" get's really bad on those. My concern is the stupid tremor. A neurologist prescribed a beta blocker, which was okay for a couple years, but now is getting worse. I read that the essential tremor is linked to the thalamas and it is a nerve disorder. If I'm not mistaken Fibro is a nerve disorder also. Can these be linked? Or is it possible I don't have Fibro, but have another problem that stems from the thalamus (no pun intended)? I wonder how many people with Fibro also have an essential tremor? I have also noticed in the past couple months a burning sensation in my legs if I stand still for more than 2 minutes.
maureenk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote