Thread: Eeg
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 06:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tos8 View Post
I was just in the hospital for 5 days and in the ICU for 4 days because of status seizures, i had to be intubated and life flighted to a diffrent hospital because the one hospital couldnt meet my needs. I had a seizure at the first hospital and i was in a status seizure for 2hrs and there were the ones that had to intubate me. I got to the other hospital and i continued to have non stop seizures and finally after ALOT, and i meen ALOT of meds to get them to stop and med changes then the seizures stopped and they moved me onto the neuro floor and did a 24hr eeg, well because my 24hr eeg didnt show anything they said i was faking my seizures!!!! Even though ive had two 1hr eegs that have shown spikes. Im furios and this dr even made my normal neuro dr mad. I dont know how they could ecuse me of this! Unfortantly after so many seizures and meds, my vision is doubled and my balance is off and ive fallen sevral times, my dr said this should get better soon and i see him on monday. But has anybody ever have this problem with drs at the hospitals?
I am glad your doctor was definitely supportive, as to your disgust over what happened.

How in the world the other doctor thought you were faking a seizure, I will never understand. A seizure for as long as you had, would almost be like someone breakdancing non-stop for the same amount of time.
lcms0516 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote