View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 07:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
I empathise with you. I was also very young when I got neuropathy. I was only 32. I had a severe case which also effected my autonomic system to some extent.

One thing that someone said a long time ago that is so true with dealing with neuropathy is that nerves heal so slowly, that neuropathy improvement is measured on a 6 month basis. While your nerves heal they will send screwed up signals that may make you think it's getting worse.
If you want my personal opinion, I agree with Glenntaj, your nerves are starved for nutrients and oxygen. Your smoking can only make things worse as you deliver over 1000 harmful chemicals straight into your blood stream.
By stopping smoking and taking the right supplements and nutrients to assist with healing you will be helping your nerves to heal.

The good news is that nerves can heal but they require alot of TLC.

Hi Aussie,

hope you are keeping well. it seems my symptoms may have been very similar to yours. i am only 26 but have peripheal neuropathy and autonomic neuropathy probably as a result of alcohol i gave up alcohol straight away once i noticed but it has gradually got worse. legs and hands buzzing and starting to become painful, walking on golfballs, irregular heartbeat, heartburn, abnormal sweating, pale face, sleep disturbance, large pupils, constipation, early signs of erectile dysfunction and dizziness, slight headaches, oversensitivity to noise. this has me extremely worried about my future and its very hard not to let negative thoughts creep in .

just wondering were your symptoms similar to mine? how well you recovered? and how long did it take? can u feel nerve regeneration? can u recover from autonomic neuropathy? do u have any advice? sorry for all the questions but they are constantly playing on my mind. i need someone who doesn't think i am crazy, please help

thanks very much you sound like a kind caring person.

best wishes my friend
howyeall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote