View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 09:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Can I have RSD only one symptom?

I started to get a sun burn like burning on the back of my neck, back of my upper shoulder blades, and sometimes triceps bilaterally (Pain is symmetrical). It has been going on for 4 months now. My skin is very sensitive to the touch and I am always in pain.
I ve taken so many tests over the last year and the only thing they came up with is t-6 t-7 herniation. I was told that wouldn’t cause pain in the area I am describing based of the dermatome chart. I got 2 epidurals in the t6 area and it did nothing or helped minimal. I couldn’t tell as my pain changes in intensity from hour to hour day to day. No pattern I can figure out. Pain can range from a 2 to 8) It usually never gets worse then 5-6. But once it gets to a 4-6 it really bothers me and is very uncomfortable.
I have no health issues other than this. I have no numbness, pins in needs, motor issues, or weakness. Other than this horrible pain I am going through.
I know then main symptom of RSD is allyodia and it usually starts after injury and in hands or feet.
Prior to this burning in my back I had burning in my chest for 9 months. If you look at a thread I posted it explains my history better. I have some type of nerve issue going on and it seems my symptoms are manifesting differently over time.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread159222.html
I did not injury myself and not sure when the T6 herniation happened.
Around the time I started to get the back burning pain was when I started on different SSRI/SNRI for te burning in chest. I was also getting myofacial massages on my upper back and neck

I really hate taking these drugs. I feel in the past when I’ve taken some of the TCA’s/SSRI/SNRI they made my burning worse or manifested my pains if they alter the pathways at which the nerve is working on.
I really hope it’s not RSD. Neurologist say no but is there anyone out there like me ?

Things I am thinking about trying

1) upping my gabapentin from 1200mg to 3600mg(Stop if I get relief before 3600mg)
2) Qutenza patches on the area of skin affecting me.
3) Calmare
4) Cymbalta or TCA like desiprime combo with Gabapentin
5) milnacipran

Last edited by bent98; 11-08-2011 at 10:28 AM.
bent98 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote