View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 11:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default fell down stairs 8 mths post ACDF

hi all....

I had quite an eventful evening last night, not in a good way. Slipped and fell down a flight of stairs in my home, ended up being taken to ER by ambulance strapped to a KED board with my neck in a collar all strapped down. Horrible ride, hard board, bumpy roads = lots of pain.

After 3 hours, IV with morphine for pain, 7 xrays of pelvis and back and a CT scan of my cervical spine I'm ok, just very bruised and sore. I was just starting to make some headway with my physiotherapy too... another little set back. They said my fusion is in place and everything looks good, they will send copies of scans to my neurosurgeon to review also.

Ugh, today I feel like I was in a horrible car crash, not just falling down the stairs. Everything hurts, neck, shoulders, lumbar spin, pelvic bone, legs... the works.

Hopefully this will not delay my healing too much. I will definately be more careful walking up and down the stairs from now on, lessoned learned!

Anyone ever do anything similar? Did anything pop up afterwards that I need to be watching for or worried about?

Cathie

~ ACDF C5, C6, C7 with titanium plate / screws (Mar.2, 2011)
~ ulnar nerve compression ~ median nerve compression
~ DDD ~ radiculapathy down both arms
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote