View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 11:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
Hi Chroma,
I'm still in PT and my therapist is in Irvine. She basically massages all the places all of us TOSers need it, traps, scalenes, SCM, pecs, etc. She also does first rib mobilization and nerve glides. I've toned down the theraband exercises a bit to maybe once a day or sometimes even less, I only do them if I'm warmed up (i.e. have done some cardio so my body is warm) or sometimes after a hot shower. We just started doing the 90/90 hip shift exercise from the Postural Restoration Institution. Too early to tell if it's making a difference but it can't hurt. I still do stretching and a lot of lying on the foam roll. I don't think there's any downside to PT at the moment.

I'm still taking my Alexander Technique lessons but haven't been able to fit in a lesson in about a month and really need to take one. Last week was a horrible week for me with personal stuff so and I actually had some heart palpitations related to anxiety!! I'm fine now but it was kind of scary.

So I've had some setbacks, plus I'm still working three days a week (every other day) and have a child so it's not like I can lay around and do nothing in my attempt to recover My numbness is still there in the fourth and fifth digits with occasional tingling in the first three fingers. All of my symptoms are bilateral, what fun.

As recommended by Dr. Gelabert, I'm pursuing a scalene block in the near future. I will keep everybody posted on the scalene block etc...stay tuned.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like despite various efforts, you're still having problems. At least you're on a forum where many people can relate to that.

Please let us know how the scalene block goes. I'd also be curious if Dr. Gelabert mentions anything about botox.

https://www.google.com/search?q=thor...rome+botulinum
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote