Old 11-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
Nan,

Thanks for updating us. I have been curious about looking at this through a larger window. We are too focused on the type of exercise (cycling). What if Dr. Albert were to measure the forced pace against other vigorous exercise like running or elliptical trainer? Researchers keep looking at vigorous vs. moderate; maybe a combo like interval training is even better for us?

I started thinking about this based on the amazing difference adding acetyl l-carnatine into my daily regimen has made. I take one 500 mg capsule in the morning and experience virtually no wearing offs, and if I do symptoms are much less pronounced. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory, plus it increase mental alertness and boosts energy. I learned that acetyl l- carnatine is something we naturally produce through vigorous or intense exercise. Could this be a factor somehow? Maybe the 80-90 rpm puts you into a "zone" where this is released? This would also explain why symptomatic benefit does not seem to be permanent...just a thought.
assuming forced exercise benefits are confirmed by alberts 2nd study, i would think the ultimate goal is to figure out what beneficial chemicals are being produced and try to create a pharmaceutical treatment, either a drug or otc. actually figure out what is going on in the brain, the forced exercise is just a means to an end.
fwiw, i get a noticeable short lived benefit from ginseng, maybe 2 hrs of greater alertness and energy.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (11-17-2011)