View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 08:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default such brilliant analogies...

...Lloyd I cannot really elaborate on the wonderful explanations already given...but to echo Tena,I pray that you have a while to go yet before reaching this stage.I personally,realised that the "on/off" monster had crept up on me whilst I was blissfully enjoying what I thought was a period of respite.
Suddenly,instead of a gentle slide,at overlap of medication times,I plummeted...AND FAST.It hit me hard,and took me by surprise I`m afraid.
One minute I am zooming around like ...well,like Paula`s excellent analogy of a battery powered toy.Then she is so right...it is as if someone stops you in full flow,and takes out the batteries.I don`t even get the luxury of my batteries gently fading.They are just there one minute,charged to the peak,and then WHAM...gone in the blink of an eye.And all I can do is sit and wait until the life floods back into my limbs.I can`t move my arms or fingers,my legs,and my speech becomes almost drunken.My neck and upper body become rigid but I don`t get the tremors which is a blessing.
Even sitting is quite painful,because your body no longer belongs to your brain.Talk about The Body Snatchers. I reckon we`re living it most days.
Lloyd...I know this doesn`t read very comfortably,and I so don`t wish to alarm you or anyone else who doesn`t present with "on/offs" yet.As Teresa said...you may not ever get this. We are all different.So please read and then shelve it.
They say Parkinson`s takes away your smile too. Well LLoyd...I still have mine.And I make certain to use it each day.
God Bless
love
Steffi
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote