View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 09:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny1 View Post
Hi all! I was wondering how long it takes to get the awards letter after receiving the fully favorable decision in the mail? My attorney did the appeal through the mail a couple weeks ago and we received a decision already! He told me I could see $$$ in my bank account b4 I see the award letter in the mail, but sometimes it could take up to 90 days. I am obviously new to this and trying to get as much info. as I can ahead of time so I am not overwhelmed when all of the SS paperwork comes in.

I have been on WC, so that will also play a big part in my monthly figures. I am thankful that my entire SSDI process was just a couple weeks less than a year, as I have seen and heard some people go through years waiting and fighting.

Any insight would be appreciated!! Thanks.
You need to make sure that all worker's comp info has been submitted. It should be in the electronic file. If the WC data is not sufficient, the PC will assume that you are still getting it.

60-90 days for retroactive benefits is a reasonable time frame, like your lawyer said.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote