Old 03-23-2007, 09:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
How long have you had one?
What do you have one for?

What kind do you have?
What is the dogs name?
I can't answer any of the questions just yet. I'm still in the process of attaining a dog. Hopefully, I'll be able to start my training over the summer.

Anyway, I'm excited to see this sub-forum here. Now I know where to go to share and learn.

JD...

I'm so sorry about your heartbreak....and they do break our hearts everytime, don't they? Some people (those who don't own their own dogs) simply don't understand how painful it is to lose a beloved companion. FWIW, I do understand.

My dear sister did the most loving thing for me when Shelby Khan, my soul-dog, died. She called me and said to gather up all my photos of Shelby...all my writings/poems...all my memories/stories...and she'd come over so we could talk about Shelby all day long, if I wanted/needed to. She drove the 45 minutes to my house, completely prepared to do just that.

Of course, I didn't need all day....but boy, it sure was nice to know that someone was willing to do that for me when no one else understood.

So I would like to extend that same gesture to you. Please feel free to come here and tell us all about your life with your dog...post pics (if it's allowed?)....whatever you feel comfortable doing at this point. I'm sure after all those years, you have many warm and wonderful stories to tell.

How's the new pup?