View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 01:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ooooohhhh do I ever know what you mean. I live in a multi-level home with four long stair cases. I used to run up and down them like the wind before. Now every step is slow and deliberate. I fell down them last year and broke my ankle (more surgery w/ screws and plates), missed a step because my depth perception is poor and I have vertigo.

I also had a bad leg injury from the TBI auto-accident, screws and plates that cause stiffness. You've nearly explained my situation as well..."Death grip on the hand railing"...Yep! I've worn the paint off one side

My hubby did move the washer and dryer upstairs and we turned a small main floor bedroom into a laundry room which has made that so much easier. The cost was minimal, mainly just the cost of a few extra feet of piping and a new water faucet.

Bought this house a year before my accident in 08...My dream house. Now hubby and I have talked about selling it in a few years and going to a ranch style with no stairs. Makes me sad, but my fear of falling down the stairs is overwhelming.
Jinxicat9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote