View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 02:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't disagree with anyone regarding the benefits of having oxygen.

What got me was in the aftermath of;
  • A tough beach vacation and long hard recovery in September,
  • Realizing my big travel days are over when my doctors determined the risk was too high and I couldn't join my family on our long planned reunion to Disney World in October,
  • The disease now having a serious impact on my GI system and bladder,
  • Then hearing my diaphragm and lungs are involved and progressively weakening to the point of requiring oxygen

It was all just too much to deal with at one time feeling like the oxygen was just another "nail in the coffin." Even I can only be beat up so much, with so much and so quickly, without having a negative affect. Do I think I'm scared? No, not really, but I can tell you I'm a "tad" PO'd.

I fully realize I will absolutely accept whatever assists, benefits, or adds to a more comfortable situation. It only makes good common sense since I got over that "macho pride thing" and got a cane and handicapped hanger years back.

Thank you all for you words of support and concern because it does make a difference coming here and freely expressing myself while receiving positive feedback.

Richmond, VA USA
NeuroNixed Craig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (11-09-2011), dd in pain (11-14-2011), hollym (11-09-2011), Jappy (11-10-2011), Kitty (11-09-2011), Koala77 (11-09-2011), missj (11-09-2011), nemsmom (11-09-2011), SallyC (11-09-2011), TwoKidsTwoCats (11-09-2011)