View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 07:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have a wonderful neurologist whom truly believes in the link between gluten intolerance and neuropathy.

As the gluten is leaving your system and it's reactions are calming, you will notice other symptoms the gluten may have been hiding. Your neuropathy may go away, or it may just stop progressing, no one knows for sure, each person is different. A B12 level of 1000 is a good level to stay at with neuropathy, mine is 1899 now, totally approved by my neuro. I have to take 5000mcg of B12 to keep it there. Watch out for B6 though, high levels of B6 will cause neuropathy symptoms and worsen the ones you do have. I would not take so much B6 if I were you. I too have a positive ANA, same as yours. I, of course, am not 21! I am old enough to be your mom!

Stay with gluten free though, it's the best thing for you, especially since you have noticed improvements so quickly. Feel free to email me anytime, I have been gluten free for 11 yrs.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote