View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 10:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Laugh working out again

Last week I went to the Nuero. He increased my Amitriptalyne to 100 mg at bedtime. Needless to say I'm sleeping more which is great. I have more energy during the day.

I started my walking again. This will be my fourth day of walking. I do get alot of whooshing sounds. My head hurts but not so bad that I cant deal with them.

Last night my husband commented that he can see I'm feeling better. He asked me how my headaches are. I stopped to think. Well prior to my accident I would classify that dull pain/pressure behind my eyes as a headache. Post accident I wouldn't classify it as a headache. I now know how a headache can really be.

It boggles my mind how much pain we have to go through in this process. I dont want to be on medication every day for the rest of my life. I know I'm on a high dose of Amitriptalyne. I do worry about the long term effects. I told my husband last night I was thinking about weaning myself off. He didn't like that too much.

Today my head is whooshing. It actually woke me up from a sound sleep. I'm going to take my walk anyway. I dont have any pain so that is my cue to go.
Life post accident has changed me but I dont want it to define who I am.

As we all struggle I try to hang on to the belief that it will only make us stronger.

I also wanted to share... I put the Dr. Scholls gel inserts in my sneakers to try to cushion my steps. It seems to be working.. I tried walking without them and I was bed ridden with head pain. I think its the best ten dollars I've spent in a long long time!!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful pain free day.
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote