Thread: derealization
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 10:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This used to happen to me alot right after my accident. I was foggy and detached. I couldn't seem to handle any sensory inputs. Lights, sound etc... I would say it lasted for about two months. I only have periodic episodes after that.

My husband took me to the mall and he left me to go into a store. When he came out I was confused and overwhelmed by all the lights and people. I was on the verge of a panic attack. He saw this in my eyes and immediately brought me outside to the car. I was so grateful.

I have more anxiety post accident. Driving can be very stressful. I find myself holding my breath when we are next to a car and I panic that the car is going to move into my lane. If my husband gets to close to a car I take a deep breath and hold onto something like I'm going to crash into them. I dont like crowds and I get panicky when I'm in a room with too many people.

I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. I am not on any anxiety medications. I was referred to the anxiety clinic and I'm waiting to get a call. I dont want to go through life being afraid all the time.

I think as my anxiety spiked the foggyness has taking a back seat. I think it's our bodies way of dealing with the trauma. I'm four months into this.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm off to take my walk now.
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote