View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 12:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
I wonder if others with this condition have as hard a time to move their bodies out the bed or chair as I do. I feel like I am wrapped up in a space suit made out of heavy lead and I can't move very well...my right leg is always stiff and I get that 'drop foot' when I try to walk like I used to. I have had no one to talk to and I am not a fan of the computer. I hope to get a real PT soon. I've gone through countless chiropractors and massage therapists. I finally found one doctor who begged me to see a neurologists (for the second time) and I got diagnosed. My body is always tight and stiff all over. I'm worried I won't make it to retirement...I'm 55.
The answer is yes, I have symptoms similar to you. Because it is progressive, I know it will not be better but I just hope it stays the same. My progression has been relatively slow but if I think back to 2005 when I finally had to go to the doctor and find out why my body was acting that way, I was so much better then than I am now.

I did PT and have massages upon occasion.

Getting in/out of bed, chairs is more and more difficult. It is depressing. I have plenty of "discussions" with my psychiatrist about my supposed acute depression. I think he is wrong about my dark perspective, I believe I have a perfect right to be sad/mad.

Over the past years though, I just struggle to get up and just keep doing what I do. I use a rollator (PT had recommended it). I do whatever it takes.

Am I happy? Yes and no. I just deal with it, like you do even if our future is not nearly what I had thought it would be. I envy my neighbor, a 76 year old woman who walks every morning and does her church stuff, etc.

I keep most of my dark thoughts to myself. Saying it aloud to most people puts an awkward spin on any relationship.

In this forum, I have found a few people that I talk to that really understand so I can vent here.

I hope that helps...a little. I am toying with the thought of getting a working dog. The mutual help/responsibility may improve my life.

My only problem is that I want to just be given the dog and not do the research needed to get the help!
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (11-09-2011)