Thread: derealization
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 12:46 PM
orfray

orfray

Hi Mark, I'm a literature student, and that mixed with all the troubles I've been going through lately makes for long wonky sentences. I apologise, maybe I can rewrite that paragraph.

What I meant to say is that people suffering from that anxiety disorder often really need to have an explanation for it, and often their concussion is blamed. And I'm proposing that it might not be the case, especially if anxiety is brought it somewhere along the line, either in the lead up to the trauma or after it.

In that case, it's harmful for the sufferer to rethink how they live their life based on their feelings of DR, and the really bad anxiety that comes with it, just like what crystal has described.

And Crystal, thank you for your post, I know now someone else has the same feelings of anxiety, it's not pleasant at all to experience. I had an episode of anxiety in a very noisy and chaotic situation, and I ended up shaking and unable to think clearly when I got home, along with that foggy feeling which grew worse after the night.

The thing is, it can be so closely related to PCS as well as PTSD, and other things like thyroid, and things like that. But I'm sure what it really comes down to is an emotional response when we're simply too worn out to regulate and overcome our emotions properly after trauma, or stress, and mostly the things leading up to it are very complex.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote