View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 02:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need some encouraging words [before I go crazy!]

Well, it's been 4 months and about 2 weeks since my injury..and some days I've felt like I'm coming along pretty good. I'll have a completely good day or two, then a horrible day or two.

Anyways - the most horrible symptoms i'm having right now is my ability to think properly, follow along while reading, finding words and stuttering [like, a pause or delay or a stutter while i'm talking] and of course my horrible ability to remember things like names of people or things. Last night was the worse I've felt since these symptoms showed up. My brain felt like it was on a constant struggle..it felt like it was permanently flexed in the back like it was struggling or trying to work properly and I just couldn't think at all. I could not sleep, I thought if I went to sleep I was going to wake up retarded It caused horrible anxiety..and I guess the reason I need some encouraging words is, I keep thinking I'm going to be stuck like this...like I have permanent damage to my brain ... I think about how it's going to effect me raising my little boy and building a home for my family. The more time that passes and the symptoms are still here, the worse I feel.

My first visit to a neurologist that deals with head trauma, PCS and TBI's is on the 22nd. Can't wait
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote