View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 11:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default it's like a black box

The neurologist that we are putting our faith and trust in gave me a great line today. He said the brain is like an jet airplane's black box. WOW! Imagine trying to decifer what happened in a jet crash with only the info provided by the black box.

First hello and thanks to all for recent replies. Lara & Lizard...we brought up the Arnold-Chiari Malformation. So far both neurologists say that's not what she's suffering from, but I'm going to continue my research as both of these doctors have been wrong before.

TinyTalker and Nancy F, wow, sorry about what sounds to be freak accidents. I'm learning there is no fairness in brain injury. Suggest to your parents and your doctor that you NEED HELP sleeping! 3 weeks into Trazadone has helped my daughter immensely. And get your doctors involved with school. EVERYONE at the school needs to know your recovery is the MOST important thing. No, school, one class, half days. Whatever it takes.The school has a LEGAL obligation to provide you with an environment specific to your injury. Good luck. And I promise you, it DOES get better. It just takes time and REST. Lots of rest. Oh yeah, find a speech pathologist and a neuropsychologist. They'll really help with balance and cognitive issues.

Update on our situation. My daughter is finally sleeping thru the night after 5 months. Headaches are small and short. Yesterday and today, NO HEADACHE! She's visiting the ear nose & throat doc on Monday. New thought is that, when she got her concussion, the blow to the face caused sinus damage (she broke her nose in the injury too) and that may have in tern caused damage that would cause cranial fluid to leak. They say that may have lead to the horrible flu-like symptoms.
spudbro9999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote