View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Ooo oh, my....

I just signed on again....after searching early this morning.

This particular compound will be explained, I think more in depth, later.

Chinese herbs are also often contaminated with drugs and other substances.
Phenylbutazone and tranquilizers most commonly.

We have to be very careful importing things, where countries have different laws. They probably don't care you know, it is illegal to have more than 2
dogs there. After all they EAT dogs and we see dogs as friends and companions.

I wonder what is wrong with OUR wheat? too expensive??? So this is a cost issue? That poor Yorkie in photo is really sad.

Edit to add-- I just looked up aminopterin--- it is a drug used here briefly in the past as a chemo agent for leukemia.
you can read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aminopterin

It is not a poison in the sense of arsenic/heavy metals etc. It is a drug when used in high amounts
becomes toxic to living tissue by interfering with folate metabolism. For example, Coumadin is used in rodent poisons here. In small
amounts Coumadin (warfarin) is therapeutic and prevents blood clots---in high doses it causes bleeding, and hence death of
mammals. So one could call it a "poison". The aminopterin is a cellular poison. And I was right in my suspicions that dose/weight seems
significant here. Kittens died quickly...larger cats with treatment, recovered somewhat.

It is very sad all around tho...that MSN article has 3 photos...very sad.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 03-23-2007 at 12:22 PM. Reason: adding...
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote