View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 11:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

NW Smith,

I'm four months post concussion and I can relate to your struggles. I too get down in the dumps. I worry constantly if I will improve enough to go back to work. Some days I wake up completely depressed. My head hurts, my head whooshes and I find that I have a very short circuit. I have a very somber trance like fog. I struggle to find words so I pause.

I try to remember that a head injury can take a long time to heal. I remember how I was right after the injury. I couldn't even stand without swaying or walk without veering off. My head pain was so bad I thought it was going to explode off my head. Now I have milder symptoms. My headaches are daily but not as strong as they used to be and they aren't all day. That little reprieve helps alot.

I just started walking again. I go first thing in the morning before my headache rears it's ugly head.

Sleep in huge and does determine how my day is going to be. My doc just increased my Amitriptalyne so I have been sleeping again.

I do find I get better then I level out, better then level out. Some days I have really bad days. If I do then I rest.

Listen to your body, get plenty of rest. It will get better it just takes time.

If you have any questions please let me know. I'm not an expert just an ordinary girl with a head injury...lol

On a lighter note: I ran into an old friend of mine the other day. He suffered a terrible head injury. He was on his motorcycle when he crashed. Needless to say he wasn't wearing a helmet. I asked him if he had any long term problems and he said his short term memory was shot but other than that he feels great. He writes alot of things down to help him . He is leading a productive life and is back to his old job.
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (11-10-2011), tamisue (11-10-2011)