Old 11-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Here is one interesting source:

http://www.qualityhealth.com/eating-...t-foods-digest

What I also found was a strange website called "sequential eating"...which claimed that pork was the "fastest meat" digested compared to others, and that it therefore releases any toxins faster to the liver.

also
http://thealkalinediet.org/blog/how-...to-digest-meat
Quote:
Even the quick digesting foods have to wait until the slowest digesting food like meat leave the stomach. This process may take up to 6-8 hours. To be more exact on the digestive time of various proteins, egg yolk digestion time is around 30 minutes; the whole egg is approximately 45 minutes; fish which is less fatty like sole seafood, cod, flounder, and scrod takes 30 minutes to digest; while more fatty fish including salmon, herring, salmon trout can take 45-60 minutes to digest; the chicken without skin can take up 1 1/2 – 2 hours before it leaves the stomach (what more for chicken with skin?); the turkey without skin is much longer to digest because it can stay 2-2 1/4 hours of digestion; the most favorite beef and lamb can really stay 3-4 hours; lastly, the pork which is always part of the meal can take 4 1/2- 5 hours to digest.
But you know this depends on how much acid is in the stomach.
No acid and the proteins won't break down at all.
Typically with good acid in the stomach the proteins break down better and release B12 which is scooped up by intrinsic factor.
People on long term acid blocking drugs, cannot digest meat and other proteins. Instead they ferment and produce gas and diarrhea as bacteria ferment the proteins.

I can eat ham, but some types of pork don't agree with me anymore. When hubby insists on his pork (which I call oink- oink) I fix myself something else that day. Maybe even peanut butter ! I seem to handle Turkey well, and beef, with chicken the runner up. I don't know what it is about most pork, but I just feel yukky when I have it. (except for ham).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (11-10-2011), ewizabeth (11-11-2011), SallyC (11-10-2011)