View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 03:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

There are others options :

Tos treatments suggestions

Listed by risks/rewards

1. Strain-counterstrain of scalenes, eventually with gravity therapy (to chronicaly lose scalene's tone) - that work on me, not permanent for the moment but.. i actually try Strain-counter strain for 7 days and it give some results - less pain -;
2. Hyperbaric therapy (1 time per day, for 20 days);
3. pentoxifylline + tocopherol (mesotherapy every day for 1 year - 2 years) local injections are better; It is the best and safer reversing-fibrosis therapy;
4. Decorin therapy on scalenes anterior (for reversing fibrosis, 6 months - 1 year); Maybe be the best reversing-fibrosis therapy, but more difficult to have acces. It is a local therapy so very interesting to avoid long-terme side effects.
5. Acunpunture; That realy work sometimes, but the 'doctor' must be careful;

If nothing work, here are more invasives procedure, or less interesting, listed by risks/rewards again :

6. Pentoxifylline + tocopherol oral for 1 year - 2 years. Oral is good but a little less safe.
7. Normast (palmitoylethanolamide), because tos's pain is driven by mast cells, it may be usefull alone;
8. Heparin, but you need to be relatively at rest.
9. Botox with musculation shoulders shrug (?) just an idea for this one shoulder shrugs without scalenes activation, why not ?;
10. Epo (help in 1 case out of 3, Ntos only)
11. Surgery or efficient pain killers : nalbuphine, Topical nitroglycerin (can lessen pain significantly, more so than opiates, but some have headaches or stomack pain with it)

Personaly i'm on the 1), and i have tried pentoxyfilline + tocopherol for 6 months but gave up because i have some reservations about side effects related to tgf-b1 inhibition in all the body, as it is a tumor suppressive agent, and the existence of local solutions. But 2 years may be very safe.
In a study, pentoxifylline given 19 times the maximal human dose (1200mg) resulted in bening tumor on some rats in 18 months, but not in mouse, and no datas on humans. Maybe nothing but for the moment they are some reservations for me and because the recent studies about tocopherol-prostate cancer links, it need some litterature reviews before taking it for years oraly. Or finding a good local solution

Talk to your doctor.

Last edited by boytos; 11-10-2011 at 07:02 PM.
boytos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (11-12-2011)