View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 04:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jim
Tina found me too! I have only had one MVD, back in '05. I have had a few scary moments with breakthrough pain, but so far they seem to subside on their own. I have heard of a number of people with multiple MVDs on Facebook.

There is a large TN community on there, that's actually where Tina found me https://www.facebook.com/groups/2394464747/
There are close to 2,000 users in this support group alone and there are many different support groups on there. Perhaps if you posted there as well, you might find more people who have been in your situation .

Through one of my breakthrough episodes I went back to my neurosurgeon to see if I was a candidate for a second MVD. After checking my file and finding that I did indeed have a successful MVD and since he did actually find 3 compressions, he thought he would have a good chance at "curing" me again. He did say that the success rate drops from the high 90 percentile to the 80s percentile.

Hope you find the information you're looking for. If you would like me to introduce you to some of the TN community on FB, just hop on. You can find my profile under Ella Burakowski Cohen.

We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust our sails
ella138 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (11-10-2011)