View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 07:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Trying not go give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
I am so sorry that you have to deal with this...it is not an easy thing. I can tell you that with the right mind set you can accomplish miracles. You sound like a fighter and that is a very good thing. The reality is that you need to "deal with the situation" but that doesn't mean that you ever stop fighting for something better. Learn to live your life and still enjoy life right now...but keep working towards your goal of getting better.

I've recently been working on changing my diet to help with swelling and stuff. I don't know whether it's working or not yet...but it certainly can't hurt, right? There are lots of things you can try besides meds and procedures to make your daily life better and help with the RSD. I find that heat helps so I've tried a variety of heating pads, space heaters, warm clothing, hot baths, etc to help with the pain and function. Physical therapy hurts but it helps so I keep pushing to do as much as possible. I have pain in my hands but I force myself to continue to do my stitching or work on puzzles...my physical therapist said those sorts of things would be good for me. I work really hard on my exercises every day throughout the day and that's a big help I think. It's a lot of trial and error, but worth the effort when you find something that helps at all.

Keep fighting for the things that you need to get better, keep moving, and don't give up.
Hi, It's not just the pain in my fingers, but the swelling by the nuckles and burning on the tips of them. Next week I am having a Nerve block done to hopefully alleviate the pain and swelling.

I have changed my diet and am taking supplements to try to help with the pain, however, it is a long process. i am unable to do projects with one hand. I am finished for the time being with occupational therapy as they are unable to work on my hand or massage it. I have been looking for support people in my area who at least know hwat i am going through as my friends don't understand just how intense this situation is.

I will try to keep fighting but sometimes it is so difficult.

Last edited by 3fingers; 11-10-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: error
3fingers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote