View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 01:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

If they want to stare? I'll let that remain their "issue." It could be, for many reasons, someone may look a bit longer than might be polite:

Maybe I'm having a super good hair day and they're jealous .

The "thing" that feels more crummy, to me, than someone staring is: Totally overlooking me. For instance: There's an electronics store that has "greeters" who say "Have a nice day" to customers exiting the store. No matter how many times I've visited the store: The "greeter" has never said a word to me, yet... along comes a friend, who actually has been in the store with me, trailing behind and what does the "greeter" state: "Have a nice day."

If someone has a question, though, I'd just prefer that the person approach and ask about what's on his/her mind.

As others mentioned... There are some who really are curious about chairs: where it was purchased, the materials it's made from, its weight, and so on.

Mainly, though, people have been very nice; it's non-automated entrance/exit doors, signal lights and aisle-ways that create more grief than do most people I encounter.

Generally, people are extremely thoughtful, i.e., store clerks and other customers asking if I might need some help (reaching something, moving something, opening a door... etc.). If I can't reach it, yep: I'll accept the assistance. It sure beats wiping out a bunch of products trying to "hook" something with my cane .

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote