View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Coolest thing just happened to me!

Just got back from taking my mom out to eat and get my dad some takeout.

Went to my favorite restaurant (Greek food! yummy!) My mom and I ate, and we ordered my dad his takeout. The waitress said she was going to go total up our check and come back. When she came back tho, she told us that the guy at the next table (looked like some sort of big family gathering) had paid for our dinner tonight.

We talked to the guy and he said that something was telling him to buy dinner for a stranger today. He said that his dinner tonight was paid for by another person at his table and he felt like he had to pay something so he bought ours for us.

What is really weird about this, is that this morning, when I took my mom and dad out to breakfast at my mom's favorite breakfast place, there was a soldier in his BDU's with his family there. The waitress at that restaurant is a friend of mine, and she told us that a stranger had bought the soldier and his family their lunch today, and my friend the waitress wanted to see what the soldier would do when he found out.

So I was watching that soldier this morning when he found out. He turned around with a huge grin on his face and was trying to figure out who bought their lunch for him. (the woman had paid and left before he was finished) I thought that smile was one of the coolest things I've seen in a really really long time. Well...now I know what that smile felt like because I cant stop smiling.

and of course now, I have to pass it on...it's like a game of tag! Tomorrow is Veteran's Day, I need to see if I can find a soldier, former or current (or even just a regular civilian) and buy them lunch. (I'm not military, but my mom is former Army and my dad is USAF Retired, so I'm hoping I can find a current soldier so that I can pass it on, and also thank the soldier for protecting us)

The guy who bought our dinner (who is also former military), after thanking him profusely...I told him what I saw this morning with that soldier, and that now I knew what that smile felt like. (by the way, it feels really really good!) Because no one has ever done that for me or my family before. I told him that now I have to pass it on.

Cant wait to go out to eat again so I can pass that on.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (11-10-2011), Blessings2You (11-11-2011), ewizabeth (11-10-2011), hollym (11-11-2011), jprinz99 (11-13-2011), karousel (11-11-2011), Kitty (11-10-2011), Koala77 (11-11-2011), nemsmom (11-10-2011), SallyC (11-10-2011), TwoKidsTwoCats (11-10-2011)