View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 02:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default water please (i like to be cryptic)

Dear Rick

about the neuro inflammation...wheres the match that started that forest fire!!??guess the undergrowth was dry and the wind strong.....

Interesting pattern (archetype) you have identified here...i appreciate your willingness to reflect on internal dynamics. Do you see the resistance to change reflected in other ways? For me this pattern shows up as a sort of extreme....from a chaotic search for identity in adolescence to died in the wool loyalist after 30 - both resist real evolution or at least slow it down

from an energetic perspective i would hazard a guess that fear of change in pdism has its knarly tendrils in the lower chakras-those which serve to distribute and energize our power associated with survival. Do we as pders probably stay in unhappy marriages and jobs longer than most? exhibit perfectionistic tendencies? i've never thought of perfectionism as resistance to change but thinking about it it does seem that the need to control things is rooted in perfectionism....thinking such as...i won't leave this marriage till i've learned ALL the lessons, i won't start a practice until i have more and more and more education, i won't stop fighting an unjust lawsuit even though politics have the upper hand and more money, i have to rescue my kids and husband , etc...

that good ol' reptilian brain seems to hold sway all too often - think i'll go meditate.....

kind regards,
md

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
Could it be that what we call "PD" is an inability to change? Think about this a moment.

Every organism has an ability to change in response to its environment. With some more, with others less. The same is true of individuals within a species, including humans. We all know people who can role with the punches and those simply cannot. Where do we fall on the spectrum? I know that I have always preferred that my environment be stable and I suspect that the "Parkinson's Personality" may reflect this.

So, what happens when you bend a stick beyond a certain point? It breaks, of course. Are we broken sticks? Or are we sticks that exist on that event horizon where we are just short of breaking? As soon as we are born, the external world starts to stress us. That's OK because that allows us to respond to the world and stay alive. But we all have a limit. We bend and bend, but if the wind doesn't let up we become mis-shapen and if it blows too strong we break.

A lot of PWP have endured an unusually large stress load in their lives. We also know that it is common to have acute stress in the months before PD symptoms manifest.

Much of our stress response is centered in the autonomic nervous systems and it is common for this system to be damaged in PD.

Many of us over react to sudden noise and "jump" - the startle reflex. Is this not a sign of a system hovering at that critical point?

Is it a coincidence that the most promising of the "natural" treatments we have discussed on this board - particularly turmeric - have been plants that fall into the category of adaptogenic? A category that medicine barely acknowledges as existing? And yet the single "magic bullet" approach of modern science fails time and again?

And, if we look at the situation from an "as above, so below" vantage point, the neuroinflammatory aspects of PD reflect this state to a certain extent.

So, does anyone relate to this?

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote