Old 11-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I haven't read many of the JD Robb books, got distracted and into more of the spy, espionage, stuff, like Robert Ludlum, Tom Clancy and those types.

I think it's harder for me to read about regular people being killed and such, but spies, special ops and military I can mentally distance myself..
You might like the Repairman Jack books. We've just read them all this past year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repairman_Jack

The author is a doctor too! They are very readable. I think they are better than the chick books myself.

I bought the last 5 I needed to read, our library didn't have (the earlier ones), on Amazon used and took on vacation. Hubby then got into them, and now Kevin likes them too! Not so Law and Order, but very different.

I found Fatal Error at our library, and read that, and worked backwards thru them all over the last year. I just finished The Dark at the End, a couple of weeks ago. Now all that is left is the revised Nightworld (this one is pretty gruesome however).
The original Nightworld was written 1992...but Jack became very popular so Wilson wrote a whole series about HIM, and now Nightworld will be changed and the final end to this saga.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (11-11-2011)