View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 04:01 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Moondaughter-
Our immune system has two main divisions. We are familiar with the general, learned response where we are exposed to a pathogen, produce antibodies, and once victory is in hand the pathogen is recorded along with the structure of the antibodies so that response will be faster net time. But there is another, innate (i.e. hardwired) response where the presence of an invader is noted, the alarm is sounded, the invader's identity is determined, antibodies are created and rushed to the site. This all takes time, so we have a more "primitive" part that doesn't wait for antibodies. Instead, it uses a cell type called the "microglia". The microglia are always present, but are usually in a mummified state. But they are on the alert and when they detect the presence of potential invaders, two things happen - 1) They release cytokines which act as junior Paul Reveres to rouse the rest of the immune system, and 2) They undergo a transformation that is so terrible that it as though you came home from work only to find that your cute little puppy had morphed into T. Rex and had eaten the neighbors. Ruins one's little ameboid day.

So while we wait for the cavalry to arrive with the antibodies, these "activated" microglia are running around shouting the alarm while kicking bacterial butt. Once the "pros" arrive they stand down and go back to their naps. Unless you have PD.

Rather than rewrite the story, I ask that you read here
and here.

-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondaughter View Post
Dear Rick

about the neuro inflammation...wheres the match that started that forest fire!!??guess the undergrowth was dry and the wind strong.....

Interesting pattern (archetype) you have identified here...i appreciate your willingness to reflect on internal dynamics. Do you see the resistance to change reflected in other ways? For me this pattern shows up as a sort of extreme....from a chaotic search for identity in adolescence to died in the wool loyalist after 30 - both resist real evolution or at least slow it down

from an energetic perspective i would hazard a guess that fear of change in pdism has its knarly tendrils in the lower chakras-those which serve to distribute and energize our power associated with survival. Do we as pders probably stay in unhappy marriages and jobs longer than most? exhibit perfectionistic tendencies? i've never thought of perfectionism as resistance to change but thinking about it it does seem that the need to control things is rooted in perfectionism....thinking such as...i won't leave this marriage till i've learned ALL the lessons, i won't start a practice until i have more and more and more education, i won't stop fighting an unjust lawsuit even though politics have the upper hand and more money, i have to rescue my kids and husband , etc...

that good ol' reptilian brain seems to hold sway all too often - think i'll go meditate.....

kind regards,
md

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondaughter View Post
Dear Rick

about the neuro inflammation...wheres the match that started that forest fire!!??guess the undergrowth was dry and the wind strong.....

Interesting pattern (archetype) you have identified here...i appreciate your willingness to reflect on internal dynamics. Do you see the resistance to change reflected in other ways? For me this pattern shows up as a sort of extreme....from a chaotic search for identity in adolescence to died in the wool loyalist after 30 - both resist real evolution or at least slow it down

from an energetic perspective i would hazard a guess that fear of change in pdism has its knarly tendrils in the lower chakras-those which serve to distribute and energize our power associated with survival. Do we as pders probably stay in unhappy marriages and jobs longer than most? exhibit perfectionistic tendencies? i've never thought of perfectionism as resistance to change but thinking about it it does seem that the need to control things is rooted in perfectionism....thinking such as...i won't leave this marriage till i've learned ALL the lessons, i won't start a practice until i have more and more and more education, i won't stop fighting an unjust lawsuit even though politics have the upper hand and more money, i have to rescue my kids and husband , etc...

that good ol' reptilian brain seems to hold sway all too often - think i'll go meditate.....

kind regards,
md
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote