View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 09:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Booked to go under the knife!!

Hey everyone!

So after much confusion and stress with my insurance company, I'm all booked for my first operation - left first rib resection next Monday (in just over a week)! My second one, on the right side, would be around spring break they said (I have it bilaterally).

I'm from Canada, where we dont have to deal with our health insurance companies, and let me tell you....it is absolutely no fun at all. Especially when theres so much miscommunication! It's amazing how anything ever gets done.

For those of you who don't know my "story" (and I dont think many would...I'm relatively new on here ) I'm a competitive swimmer, a freshman in university - and I'm not able to do anything except stationary bike which is super frustrating!
Anyways, my hardest battle has been mental and emotional, since the coming year is Olympic year and I would have most likely been a contender to make Olympic finals in my best event if I hadn't gotten TOS.
So this summer will be hard, watching the Games on TV and knowing that I could've been there, but I'm also working on positive thoughts and focusing my energies on making the next Olympics in 4 years in Rio!

But anyways, wish me luck and I'll be sure to post an update when I'm not on obscene amounts of pain killers!
agabor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (11-12-2011), Jomar (11-11-2011), SD38 (11-30-2011)