View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 12:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm very sorry to hear that your husband has RSD. Have the blocks and stuff been helping?

I've never had the bleeding under the skin since getting RSD except for once when the nurse messed up and IV they put in (in a wrist that was sprained at the time...it was not pretty). But in my RSD areas my skin will turn a deep red or purple color...but that seems very different than what I remember the blood under the skin looking like. Maybe someone else has some experience with this sort of thing?

If he is easily bruising and having bleeding under the skin...I would definitely see a doctor right away and make sure there is not something else going on. It could be a sign of something else wrong (I know you don't want to hear that)...but better to get it checked out and be sure.

Again...so sorry that you and your husband are going through this. There are a lot of people on here, so I hope someone can answer your question about the bruising. The wacky thing (or one of them anyway) about RSD is how it can affect people very differently and not everyone has the same symptoms and our symptoms change over time. Good luck to you and your husband...I hope he gets some good pain relief soon.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote