View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Re: dental issues

I lost the two teeth due to disease in my gums. I have it around one other tooth as well. I had trouble with this area my whole life, and didn't take care of it due to finances. They wanted to do gum surgery, and replace three crowns. You can't do that on medicare/medicaid. the health dept. does not correct, just pull teeth. there is no service for the poor. Now I fight to keep another. #18. I have pockets around the tooth and just had deep root cleaning. They gave me this pokey tool with a brush on it, that I am to insert between this molar. After the deep root cleaning, I am drawing blood and it hurts to do this. Is this normal,? The hygentist said for me to "go at it" I get re-checked in 6 weeks to see if I have helped the pocket. I flossed like crazy and it was not enough to prevent these issues. Any advise you can offer me so I can keep this molar would be appreciated. The rest of my mouth shows no gum disease other than empty space #4 & 5, which still has stitches that are slowly desolving. I want to keep the rest of my teeth, having no money, cute trick. I need a crown on #18 too and I am trying to save up for that. ginnie you have seen alot being an assistant thats for sure....
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote