View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Have you thread the thread I started on CDR's?

You might get the long form. If so, treat it seriously. At that time, if you're docs state your condition isn't expected to improve, SS may put you on a longer CDR schedule. If you get the short form, and haven't worked, haven't received additional training or education, your health hasn't improved, and you've continued regular doc visits, then it's most likely you'll not get the follow up longer form. Until you get a long form, I don't know if SS will lessen the time between CDRs?

The type of injury you experienced and the short period of time after your injury that you were approved for SSDI might also be factored as well. What are the statistics for going back to work with a TBI? Hopefully you will continue to improve and adapt!

If not, and you get the long form, do your homework, and fill it out thoroughly. There's no reason to stress over this. You have the right to appeal while still receiving benefits if you are later found to no longer be severely enough disabled to qualify for SSDI. It could have taken years to get approved in the first place--so count your blessings (obviously you had a severe disabling trauma that I don't taken lightly, but even those in similar situations don't always receive such fast approvals. That's the glass is half full way of looking at your situation... )

Last edited by LIT LOVE; 11-12-2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Clarification
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote