View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 12:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley84 View Post
Janke,

Thanks for the link but since my head injury I have a hard time reading and understanding unfamiliar information. Do you have any idea who I would call to get more information on this? Also right now I am debating on school because I am not sure if I would be able to do it or not. Do you know if this program allows going back to school?

I have all of my Gen ed classes finished and only need to go for my main classes. I was on the waiting list 2 years for the program and was supposed to start a few months after my head injury. I have already deferred the classes a year and am not sure if I would be able to defer another year.

Thanks for everyones help!
The point of Ticket to Work is to provide you with the support you need to transition back into the work force which is what you said you wanted to do.

The point of Plan For Acheiving Self Support is to allow a person to keep sufficient SSI benefits for living expenses while using other income and/or resources to pay for education or other items or services that help you transition back into the work force.

These are two of the work incentives as part of the SSA/SSI programs. The point of ALL work incentives are to assist a disabled person get back into the work force. If getting back to work at some point in your life is a goal of yours, you need to make it a priority to understand work incentives. A phone call with someone will just skim the surface.

I suggest reading, taking notes, listing questions, reading again. Then contact an Employment Network in your area (Maximus may be one) and asking your questions.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote