View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 02:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to hear about your husbands DX and your having to live with it also, it is no fun ride for anybody. I too have had and do go through series of Stellate ganglion blocks and he's right....not amusing in the least. I also end up with pain and weird sensations where there were none to begin with! Some of them do help and others have not. My pain management doctor usually does 2 a week for 2 weeks then 1 a week for 2 weeks, by then I am shot and ready to ring her neck!!! I think I'm due in December to start my 3rd round of them. After the injection, I am out of it for the rest of the day and feel half drugged the next day, but most of all, my neck aches from the damned needle!!!

Anyhow, my orthopedic surgeon was able to get me a Tens Unit for at home, they used one periodically at PT. The cold weather is no fun, but the dampness is even worse. I have been known to wear gloves in the house We all try to find ways of coping with our pain and sometimes as others have said on here, just knowing there are others here that understand, is a relief..because some people think "there is no way you could have all of these symptoms and problems that come and go, you look fine to me."

Live, Laugh, Love~
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote